Excel Engineering, Inc. added interior design as professional service over 6 years ago. Our objective is to provide a fully integrated building design that creates a total building experience from the exterior to the interior. Our interior design department is led by two talented women with several years of experience, providing services that include Space Planning, Material and Finish Selections, and Furniture Specifications and Procurement.
Two of the design team members are Kallie Ogi and Heather Waltz.
Kallie Ogi, Senior Designer I
- Over 6 years with Excel
- University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point (Bachelors of Science – Interior Architecture/ Design)
- University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee (Masters of Architecture)
- Spotlight Projects:
- Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation – Madison, Wisconsin
- Badger Liquor – Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
- Alliance Laundry Systems – Ripon, Wisconsin
Kallie loves to take on professional and personal challenges. She is dedicated to her profession but finds time to enjoy every minute with her husband and three young children. Family vacations, big cities, and an active and healthy lifestyle are just some of her favorite things.
“Beginning as a young girl, I’ve observed the spaces that surround me searching for what is beautiful in both form and function. It’s been a passion of mine to sketch, draw, and create. Design is a very important part of our lives in so many ways. Understanding this and finding solutions to problems within the built environment is what makes my work exciting every day. As a female in a male-dominated industry, it is wonderful to have my opinion and work viewed with such respect.”
Heather Waltz, Interior Designer
- 1 year with Excel & 10 Years of Experience
- University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point (Bachelors of Art – Interior Architecture/Design, & Art)
- Spotlight Projects:
- Green Bay Packaging – Downers Grove, Illinois
- Fond du Lac County Garage – Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
- St. Paul Lutheran Church – Lake Mills, Wisconsin
Whether by plane, motorcycle or boat Heather enjoys traveling the world with her family. She can’t get enough of the diverse cultures, food, architecture and especially the animals she meets along the way.
“I have always loved working on projects with my family and friends. When I was a child my family might not have appreciated my expertise as much as they do now, but my friends sure thought we had the best forts and doll houses around!”